Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Firsts...

I believe there are many important "firsts" in life.

I still [embarrassingly] remember my first kiss

I definitely remember the first time I saw Brad.

I remember the first moment[s] I found out I was pregnant

And the first moment of meeting my precious boys face to face

I remember the first moment I realized and knew that my religion was true.

And the first time I realized that I was doing exactly the right thing and exactly the right time.

But this week (and last week for that matter), I've been remembering the first time I tasted one of these:

Oh, Samoas. How I love them. Last Sunday I ate a whole box for lunch (give or take a few that I let my husband and kids have). I won't let myself buy more than two boxes per year. But everytime I see those darn girl scouts at my mall or my grocery store my mouth starts watering. Until next year, I suppose, until next year...

8 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh, yes. Glorious Samoas. How I love you.

MBurt said...

Ooh, now I have a craving!

sadie said...

this post cracked me up. the list is all serious, life changing (perhaps) events, and then- samoas. i laughed. i loved it.

Liz said...

So funny!!! Jeff sent me a text today that he had picked up our Girl Scout Cookies from a co-worker! I got SOOOOOO excited! He better not have eaten any without me!!!!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Cute post Bek! I hate to admit it, but yes we also ate two boxes of Samoas in two days last week, lol!

Kate said...

Oh I can totally remember the first time I ate one of these delectable cookies too! And life has just never been the same since. Hope it's not too late to find some here in SLC. xoxo

Becky said...

Oh man. What a lovely creation. I bought two boxes too! I guarantee they'll last 2 days max! Wish we could eat samoas together!

bubba said...

Oh Yes.....I love them too. I love and hate them...I love the way they taste mmmmmm....I hate the tummy ache I get when I eat a whole box. P.S. you are going to hate me for this...you can get an immitation kind that taste exactly the same....at the dollar store. I know!!! crazy yummy.