Monday, April 20, 2009

o-HI-o...

We celebrated Easter with the Goldie clan in Ohio this year, and my-oh-my was it ever fun (can you tell I didn't know how to end that sentence?). Chase was slightly more thrilled about it than he appeared in this picture,
although not much, but only because he was suffering from a double ear infection (which I didn't know until we got home -- I promise, Goldie's, he usually is a very happy baby!).


We all did our fair share of lounging around in our underwear... and flexing our muscles....
and singing kid songs with Grandma (who really writes the BEST kid songs/stories -- look for her in your local bookstore in the near future)...
and wrestling with Grandpa.... Okay, so maybe only Nick and Preston did these things, but we all wanted to.

Meet Brennan. I do believe this is his first appearance on my blog. This little red-head (jealous) is Mindy and Phil's third child and is 2 months younger than Chase. Lest you think he is always in a cage, let me assure you, he is not. On Friday we drove to Colombus and went to COSI, a kids science museum. It was FANTASTIC! We will most certainly be going back. Anyway, this picture was taken somewhere at said museum, as are the following few:


Miranda in front of COSI, possibly expressing how she felt about us invading her room, home, and privacy for 4 days.


Mallory and Ella, holding up the moon, as usual. Aren't they pretty?

Preston. This kid is a riot. I like him.

Chase, climbing on stuff that was not meant to be climbed on. He's been doing that a lot lately.
Nick and I got to crawl down into a submarine and pretend to drive it. Nick loved it. I was a bit freaked out. it was very...small.


The 5 Goldie grandkids in the water room: Nick, Ella, Preston, Chase, and Brennen.

Debbie and Brad assisting Nick in trying to piece together a Mr.Potato Head with oversized gloves on. I forget what the scientific significance of this is, but I'm sure there was some, right?
Ella and Nick waiting to enter a space ship. Isn't Ella so pretty? She and I watched High School Musical over the weekend (I had never seen it), and she sat and cuddled me on the recliner almost the whole time. I was in heaven. Love this girl.
This is how Chase felt about all the things that Nick was allowed to do that he wasn't.



It's been a long-standing tradition in the Goldie family to receive a kite in your Easter basket. Grandpa Jeff helped Nick launch and fly his on Easter afternoon after church.

All was going along swimmingly until this happened...
Never fear, Grandpa to the rescue!

After that excitement, Nick decided to fly his kite INSIDE, with the help of Brad.

This is how Chase felt about the whole kite-flying scenario...



Nicholas Goldie, meet Nicholas Goldie. Brad's double cousin also named his son Nicholas, and the two boys met for the first time this weekend. Here are the name-twins.
As we were packing up to go home on Monday morning, I put the two boys in the recliner to watch Signing Time while I cleaned things up. Can you see why my heart melted when I walked by and saw this?
Here's a closer look:

I love that my two boys LOVE EACH OTHER, and I hope it always continues. It was the perfect ending to the perfect weekend.
Incidentally, this weekend marked SIX YEARS from the first time I went to Ohio to meet my future in-laws as Brad's fiance. How grateful I am and how much I love this family!

8 comments:

Lori said...

That looks so fun! How lucky you are to have family so close.

Miranda said...

O how sweet! I love how that awful picture of me is getting posted all over the web!lol Can't wait til you come back!

Mallory said...

hahaha, I like Miranda's comment. Miranda, I think I can dig up a better one to plaster...8)

I LOVE the last pic of the boys holding hands! I think we are getting better at these family get togethers everytime.

See you all soon!

Douglas Family said...

Oh-What-Fun Ok so I tried, but probably failed. Looks like a great weekend. Love the picture of the boys at the end. I love catching my kids loving each other as well. What a cute family!

Mindy said...

We had so much fun. Can't wait to see you again!

The Stanford Bunch said...

this post was so awesome! :)

Kate said...

fun fun fun! that last picture is the sweetest! how is it that chase looks so much older? i swear i just saw him 2 weeks ago?!

Amy said...

Sounds like jam-packed fun! What cute boys you have! I am almost sure that if we lived closer our boys would be causing some serious trouble!