Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On the Streets of Philadelphia...

Okay, not so much in the streets, mostly in Tim and Katie's beautiful house, but don't you just love that song?

We headed to Philly this past weekend to watch conference and hang out with Tim, Kate, Jack, and Calahan. What a delightfully lovely time we all have together. Katie and I fantasize about being next door neighbors someday so that we can have times like this all the time. There is a distinct possibility that they may move far away this summer, a thought that fills me with dread! Having them be so close has been my saving grace as I've adjusted to the many changes life has brought over the past two years, and I'm not quite sure that I'll survive without them! I just try not to think about it. Isn't that the healthy way to deal with things? Anyway, on to picture fun. As always, the actual good pictures were taken by Kate. I'll post those first.


Nicky boy

Jack-Attack

Hurray for 4 BOY cousins! This picture just about says it all!


Chase

Cal and Chase jumping on the couch in the sun room.

There's a smile!
I walked into the kitchen and adorable Cal was just chillin' in the laundry basket, eating his fruit snacks. Katie said this is a normal occurence. Too cute.

On Saturday we went to an Easter Egg Hunt! Here are the dads with the 'babies.'

Nick with his loot from the hunt. He was a happy camper!
This was Chase's first experience at such an event. He was a big fan.

Sharing his eggs with Mommy. I trained him well. :)


In an effort to maximize the time we have left together being only 3 hours apart, they are coming to visit us at the end of April, and then we are going back 2 times in May! Good thing gas isn't $4 anymore! We love this family!


5 comments:

Mallory said...

That picture of Chase made me tear up! I miss those boys! I canceled my plans to go to DC this weekend when I heard you guys were coming. Sometimes the world can be a little too big.

Miranda said...

Chase with the eggs is a Brad face if I ever saw one! Yay for Easter and family!

Kate said...

oh i love you! it feels like forever already since you were here...how does that happen?! your boys are adorable and i love the pictures you took, especially the one of cal. i hope you have a wonderful time in ohio. just think after that, it will be just 2 weeks til we are knockin' on your door :)

xoxo

Jen and Ty said...

Yeah! a new post and darling pics of your boys! I wish Thatcher could be with his boy cousins like your boys get to, it really is the cutest thing! I am so excited to see you...May isn't coming soon enough (oh wait, I have to finish my thesis before I come so maybe it is just long enough).

rachel said...

Those pictures are great!