Friday, August 13, 2010

You'll never guess where I went last week...

Are you one of those people that loved high school? You know, those people? :)
I am not. I loved junior high, but high school just didn't do it for me. I had great friends, I was involved, but I do believe that there was no one happier than I was on graduation day. I even remember, on said graduation day, thinking that I would never go to a reunion, trusting myself to keep in contact with those I wanted to keep in contact with. This resolve went even deeper in February, when I found out I was pregnant. Who goes to their reunion 6 months pregnant? 

Well folks, never say never.

Everything changed when I found out that this lovely lady (aka, my best friend and sister-in-law) was put in charge of the reunion...
And my resolve was further broken when I found out some of my best friends from high school were going to be there (whom I don't get to see very often because most of us live out of state)...

Soooo, to the reunion I went, in all my pregnant, puffy-bodied glory. And it was lovely. The venue was awesome, the food was great, and Katie and Syd (her co-chair) and their committee did a great job.




(this is Tim's hairy arm, not mine -- just in case you were worried)

Photos, of course, by Kate.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, I'm impressed. That is some reunion. I'm glad you had a nice time. Enjoy the rest of your time in paradise!

Kate said...

for completely selfish reasons I'M SO HAPPY YOU CAME!!! and thank you so so much for watching my boys that whole day and cleaning my house too... I have the best sister in law in the whole wide world! love you mucho :)

Alisha said...

I'm going to mine today! I did not love High School. At all. But I think it'll be fun!!!

You look ADORABLE! Can't wait to see your cute baby girl!

Douglas Family said...

Glad you had fun, my HS reunion wasn't nearly as cool.

Meg said...

Will you call me 801-885-5739. I will most likely be coming back to York in a few weekends. I won't have computer access for the next few weeks tho so we will have to talk via phone or text. I would love to see you!

Jodi said...

Beckah, I loved reading this post! I, too, had my 10 year just a couple weeks ago and the same as you, vowed I would not be going in "all my pregnant glory". However, my friends somehow talked me into it!! It turned out to be fun and I got to see some people that I really missed. My feet were the size of big, puffy marshmellows by the end of the night, but hey, what can ya do?? You look BEAUTIFUL in the picture and I'm so happy you went. :)

Becky said...

You look beautiful as a pregnant lady! Your outfit was amazing! I want to look like you when I grow up. :)

Anonymous said...

You look great! I'm glad you got to go. -Rachel