Monday, September 13, 2010

Summer Shmummer...

 As much as I was looking forward to summer, I was a bit nervous about having enough energy to do everything I knew that I (and the kids) would want to do (remember I'm a wimpy, tired pregnant lady). So my parents hired a nanny to help me! Here she is...
 
And by 'hired' I of course mean free, because she's nice like that and because she loves my kids. Meet my 18 year old sister, Mara. She came for 6 weeks this summer and was a life-saver in every way. We took the boys to Whipple Dam every week, swimming at a local community pool for Nick's swimming lessons each week, as well as other various summer activities that I would have been to tired and overwhelmed to try on my own. One day my kids will understand how much they owe her. I already do! :) She also watched the boys while I went to girls camp for a week and while Brad and I went to youth conference in Palmyra for 3 days. Plus it was so great to have another adult to hang out with all day. I love my sister!

I haven't posted pictures of the boys in awhile, so here are a few...

Nick has always loved working out with me and I always like having a partner. Here he is in his "exercise clothes", showing off his big muscles. And here is Chase showing off a major goose egg he got when he ran into the wall.
 
Chase has grown out of his nap (meaning that if I let him take one he's up until 11:00pm or later), but every now and then I find him all tuckered out in the middle of play time.
One thing we love about living in this part of the country is the lightning bugs. I had never seen one until I went to OH for the first time, and this was Mara's first time seeing them, too. We let the boys stay up late enough a couple of times to catch some and keep them in a jar for the night...
 
Every summer our town hosts a "Touch a Truck" day in the parking lot of the local high school. This was our 3rd time going and it seems that the boys like it more and more the older they get. Every kind of truck is there and open for the kids to crawl around in, honk the horns, and pretend to drive. It's little boy heaven!
 
A while ago I walked downstairs to see Chase like this --
this little random guy cracks me up and keeps my on my toes -- love this face!
Pregnancy update: With 8.5 weeks left of this pregnancy I'm getting more and more excited to meet this little girl (if it really is a girl...I still don't quite believe it). Induction date is set for 11/11. Wahoo!

8 comments:

Mallory said...

You boys are so good looking. Miss you guys!

theminerfamily said...

SUCH A GREAT POST! I love those little cheeks on Chase and cannot believe how old Nick is. How lucky to have Mara for so long. I am excited you have an induction date already, too excited, I wish that was me. Hopefully a week later will be mine! Love ya.

Becca said...

It has been a long time since I have read your blog! You are so real and inspiring! Love you!
Man, touch a truck day would be LOVED by my little guys and in fact Sarah too! What a fun summer!

April said...

Your boys are so cute! I'm excited to see what your little girl will look like!

Douglas Family said...

I am excited to meet her too (and hold her).

Renae S. said...

Bekah, I'm so jealous you got to have your sister come help you for 6 weeks! That's awesome! I bet your boys love her! I've got 5 weeks left and I'm getting anxious! I'm excited for you to have a girl!

Anonymous said...

I love the one of Chase on the table. Too cute! -Rachel

Amy said...

looks like a fun summer... I need a Mara to come to my house! Your boys are too cute and so handsome! I go to the doctor next week and maybe I'll see if my induction date can beat yours! haha I can't wait to see how beautiful this little is going to be!