Saturday, September 25, 2010

6 hours to myself for 6 more weeks (and 5 days, but who's counting?)...

My boys started preschool last week. Nick goes 3 days and week and Chase goes 2 days a week. Do you understand what this means? Seriously? It means that for 6 hours each week I do whatever I want to. I have yet to take a nap or just relax and read a book, but I have big plans, I tell you. Big plans. So far I've been attending institute class, running errands, and getting the baby's room ready. I'm also excited to have some alone time with my daughter (my daughter? I don't think I've ever thought or written that out yet.) once she arrives. Anyway, the boys love their classes and teachers (and I do, too). Here they are on the first day:

We have a tradition of going out for lunch on the first day of school after I pick them up. They chose Panera Bread this year...yummy!

I really can't believe how big these two are getting. Makes me more determined to slow down and enjoy them more, and worry about cleaning and other insignificant duties less...

They sure do love their dad (as do I)...
We're big fans of silly faces around here...
Happy Fall, everyone!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I sure love your family! I remember 1 week before Abby was born I took myself, all alone, to the Waffle Shop. Crazy, I know. I kept getting these looks of pity, but all I could think was how nice it was to sit and eat in peace, and how this was the last time I was going to be able to do that in awhile. You look beautiful, by the way!

Meg said...

first you look beautiful! second, what is up with a 37 week pregnancy? I want one of those:) Considering I am already almost 39 I don't think its going to happen. last, i hope you enjoy your six hours and completely spoil yourself. I know that I have been taking advantage of Cambri's nap time everyday. I have never been lazier in my whole life. I love it although I am ready to have my energy back.

Gini said...

I love preschool, too! It's Julia and my "girl time". Well, we have big plans, too, but so far we haven't "accomplished" much..! So excited for you and your little one coming! You look fantastic by the way!

Douglas Family said...

That is awesome. You definitely deserve those 6 hours.

bubba said...

Love you and your beautiful family. Miss you most of all.