Monday, November 29, 2010

Cora was blessed yesterday which made for a fun and grandparent-filled weekend. My parents and sister are here and Brad's parents came for the weekend. Having 3 kids seems managable when the adult to child ratio is 7:3!  Brad's parents left yesterday and my family leaves tomorrow. Yikes! I'm terrified, to say the least. But on a happier note, here are some photos from the last few days:

Whenever we try to take pictures of this little lady she furrows her brow when she sees the light on the camera. So here are some of the few and far between non-furrowed ones...

 Poor girl has clogged tear ducts, which luckily have cleared up over the last 2 days
 Nick's pre-school class did a little Thanksgiving program, and Nick actually particiapted! Sang every note and said every word! Definite milestone for this little turkey (3rd from the left):
 This has been a typical scene over the last 10 days since my dad's been here:
 Nick is still loving his baby sister
 My boys opened their Christmas presents from Granny and Grandpa. They love their new jammies, sweater, indoor mini-trampoline, camera, and cool car thingy...

 Cora meeting Grandpa Jeff

 A note that Nick wrote to Brad: "Brad, I love you. I like it when you read books to me. I like it when you play with me. Nick"
 Grandma Debbie and Cora
 Granny Shanny with Chase
Here's Cora in her blessing outfit. I found this dress in clearance at baby Gap for $8 right after I found out I was pregnant and bought it "just in case." It's much more my style than a long white lacy dress, and Cora looked adorable if I do say so myself.:)








The blessing was great, although the fact that my brother's weren't here to stand in the circle made me sad. It's been a wonderful 3 weeks, and to be honest, I can't even talk about my family leaving without tearing up. Not only do I rely on their help, but it makes me sad that they miss so much of my kids growing up. Good thing we have blogs and skype. Real world (the one where I take care of all three kids by myself), here I come!

12 comments:

bubba said...

Oh Bekah. I am so sorry we weren't there. She is so very lovely. I super loved the blessing dress you chose. I am jealous. I looked far and wide for something so cute and had to settle for long and lacy. We really miss you. The girls ask about the boys. You know they are still promised in my eyes. :) Love you.

theminerfamily said...

Bekah, she is GORGEOUS! I love the blessing dress as well. I TOTALLY know what you are talking about in regards to Family leaving. I haven't cried that hard in a long time... and still cannot think about it too much (like right now). Call me when you need a moment... we can cry together. Love you.

Lori said...

cute peeky-toe shoes. So fun. Call me for anything. really.

Apple said...

That is such a cute blessing dress! She gets cuter and cuter every time you post pictures of her!

Amy said...

Callan had a clogged tear duct last week too! Cora looks absolutely beautiful in her blessing outfit! You will do great on your own..its not always fun or easy, but we survive right?

Nicole said...

i totally hear you about the long and lacy blessing dresses. definitely not my thing.

best of luck with all three kids. i have no idea how anyone does it!

rachel said...

I LOVED her blessing dress. She is beautiful! And great work to Nick for participating- Yay!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Douglas Family said...

You can do it! Let me know if you need help, or some time without some of the kids!

Renae S. said...

Bekah, I love her blessing dress. I don't do the traditional white either! My daughter was blessed in light pink, and my boys have all been in blue. We just blessed Crew this past Sunday, and he wore a cute little blue sailor suit. The top picture of this post looks a lot like you as a baby. Crazy to think that you're a mother of 3 when I remember you as a baby. I'm getting old! :) Glad your family was there with you, at least for a little while!

MBurt said...

Cute family! Are you still at Ashworth Lane. If not will you get me your address. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?.