Friday, August 26, 2011

The Big 8

8 years ago today I awoke at the crack of dawn, got ready, went to the temple and became a MRS. And boy do I sure like my MR.

On our 1st anniversary, whilst living in Denver, Brad took me to the Melting Pot and we fell in love with the food and the whole fondue experience. It's become our anniversary tradition. We can only afford it once a year and we look forward to it all year long! Because we don't have one very close to us in State College, we improvise a bit and go when we can. We've been to Melting Pots in Denver, Salt Lake, Cinncinnati, and Philadelphia. This year, while in SL, we discovered that my beautiful and wonderful cousin Chelsea and her hilarious hubby Marvin celebrated their anniversary 6 days before ours so we invited them along on our date. Chels and I are only a few months apart and have always been close. She's an amazing woman and mother and I love being with her!

 It was great to leave the kids for a bit, laugh our way through a delicious dinner, and celebrate being US. The past 8 years have brought a lot of changes and adventures, and I wouldn't trade one second of them. I fall in love with this thoughtful husband, loving father, and wonderful man more and more each day.
 Happy Anniversary to us!

7 comments:

Alisha said...

I remember that day! Happy 8 years!

The Jones' said...

I miss you guys already!!! Can't wait for Christmas Vacation! Love you so much!!

Wendy said...

We only do dessert at the Melting Pot. It is a fun tradition.

April said...

Congratulations on 8 years!

Amy said...

What a happy day! Happy Anniversary!

Becky said...

8 years? That's nuts. It doesn't seem like that long ago! You are beautiful! I'm glad you found someone who takes such good care of you. Good luck on your next 8!

Kathrin Paul said...

Hooray! Happy anniversary!