Sunday, August 28, 2011

My baby is how old?

   I can't believe Baby Girl is 9 months old. This milestone age always throws me for a loop, realizing they've been outside of me longer than they were inside. I wish time would slow down a bit!

It's been a huge month for Cora. A few days after turning 8 months she finally figured out how to crawl forward. She's now zooming around everywhere and I can tell she's very happy with her newfound independence. She's also started clapping, waving, pulling herself up on everything, and sprouted 3 teeth (the 4th is so close!). She loves patty-cake and peek-a-boo. And she's not a big fan of baby food unless she's starving. She would much rather eat "real food" and has done really well with the few things we've let her try. She is still very much a Mommy's girl and is happy affectionate and just plain adorable.

On the flip side, my good little sleeper is no more! I feel like I have a newborn again, trying to function in a constant state of exhaustion. I'm hoping when this teething phase is over and our summer travels are done she'll go back to sleeping through the night instead of waking up every two hours and/or staying awake for an hour or more in the middle of the night.

I plan to make a come-back to the blogging world this fall when we're back in our routine and life has calmed down a bit. This is a big year for us, with Brad finishing up his dissertation and going on the job market. Lots to look forward to. Until then, here are some pictures of my girl from this past month!







6 comments:

MBurt said...

ADORABLE!!!

Amy said...

So beautiful! I don't know if you read Cal's 9 month post, but he got 4 teeth all together and we were in vacation mode and he was sleeping horrible! It was like where has my perfect sleeper gone?! I too felt like I was in the newborn stage again and was in surviving mode with little sleep. But once we moved into our house and Cal was back in his crib and not getting all 4 teeth he is back to his usual perfect sleeping self. So look forward to that!
Cora is so perfect! Happy 9 months!!!

The Stanford Bunch said...

she is soooooooo adorable!!!!

Kate said...

SO CUTE!!! I love that last one :)

Anonymous said...

Ah she is so cute. I love her smile.

April said...

That last comment was from me... I didn't know I was signed in under my husband's account. Haha from him it seems creepy!