Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!


I wanted to send birthday wishes to my amazing mom today. I wish we were there to celebrate with her. She has been an incredible example to me throughout my life, and I don't tell her often enough how much I appreciate her, admire her, strive to be like her, and love her. Since becoming a mother myself I have realized the influence a mom can have on her kids. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my mom and wonder how she did (and still does) it all. She has overcome so much, and truly is an example of perserverance, hard work, and faith. She is one of the most Christ-like people I know.

My mom sacrificed 4 weeks of her business, being with my dad, and her busy life to come take care of me and my family before and after Chase was born -- and even after all the time, we still cried at the airport when she left. She is an amazing "Granny" -- Nick asks where she is everyday and misses her like crazy. I wouldn't survive without our daily phone conversations. She really is my best friend.

Thanks for all that you are and all that you do for us, Mom! Happy Birthday! I love you!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I love your mom too. It makes me happy just thinking of her. Happy birthday Shan.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Shan! She is amazing...I always know I will have fun around her! We love you!

marianne said...

Awww! What a nice post:) Happy belated birthday Aunt Shan:)!!! Love you!

Shan said...

Thanks, Bek. I hope you know that I feel that way about you,too. I admire and try to be like you. You are simply the best daughter, sister, wife and mother anyone could have.
LOVe you sooooooooo much!