Thursday, July 17, 2008

Arts Fest

I am so loving all that there is to do here in State College in the summers! As someone who HAS to get out of the house everyday, it's nice to have endless options. Each week we have numerous parks, pools, libraries, and great community events to chose from, which is fantastic for both mine and Nick's sanity. Last week we went to two different Arts Festivals (I L O V E arts festivals). The first one, in down town State College, had "kids fest" on it's first day, where all of the crafts and art that is sold is made by kids -- so cool! They also had an area where kids could make their own art, hence the picture of Nick painting above. He loved it!


I told Nick before we left that he could choose one thing to buy at the festival -- little did I know there would be wooden swords!! Once he saw those there was no turning back, and so far he's been very nice with it (I was a little worried). Morgan (who we have to see everyday for Nick to not ask relentlessly about her) and her mom Melissa (who I have to see everyday because she makes my life so much fun) were with us and Morgan got a camouflage marshmallow gun! Getting Nick to stand by her long enough to take a decent picture was pretty much impossible and this is the best one I got!


Poor little Chase spends most of his days this summer being carted around to whatever adventure Nick and I are off to next. Good thing he's a perfect baby...as you can see in the picture above, he doesn't seem to mind too much! I can't believe he's going to be 6 months old next week!


Nicker-Bocker playing hide-and-seek with me in a play house at kids fest.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jen and Ty said...

you are the best mom and have the most beautiful kids. That picture of Chase gets me so excited to see that Thatcher looks like in 5 months!

Kate said...

cute cute cute cute cute! honestly i miss you and your boys sooooo much. looks like you guys are having fun together. and chase looks so grown up!

Kerrah said...

So a girl in my ward came up today and asked how I knew Brad Goldie. I told her, he's married to my cousin, anyway she grew up with him in Ohio. Her name is Kim Tingey(formerly Butler). She said her friend Amber had a crush on him. She said to ask him about Amber and see what he says. It's such a small world!!!

Kathrin Paul said...

Nick has such gorgeous eyes! I love your stories!