Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Motherland


Brad often refers to his hometown of Wilmington, Ohio as "the motherland," and we just got to spend a fabulous 4th of July weekend in this beautiful place. The weekend included many firsts for Nick, almost all of which are photographed and included in the above collage. On his first fishing trip, he and Brad caught a 3 pound cat fish, which Nick was very excited about until he overheard Brad say we were going to cook him and eat him. He wore big boy undies to the park for the first time. Brad came home with them in a plastic sack. He sat on a horse for the first time...but there's not a picture of that because it only lasted for 30 seconds. He ran into the back of Preston's head and got his first black eye, which doesn't show up very well in the picture but really was quite black and blue. And last, but definitely not least, he got sick and threw up for the first time, all over Brad. Fun for both of them! :)

Our trip also included lots of food, some games, rain, Jeff playing barbies on the couch with Ella, an excellent fireworks show on the 4th, swimming, playing and playing and playing with cousins, and a w o n d e r f u l night in the Zeigler's back yard around their fire pit, roasting hot dogs, making s'mores, and sharing experiences from the journal jar, my personal favorite. We love you, Jeff, Debbie, Phil, Mindy, Ella, Preston, Brennen, Mallory, and Miranda!

PS- Click on the collage to see the pictures in all their glory. The one of Nick crying after he heard they were going to eat the cat fish is well worth it. Incidentally, does anyone else's blog only let them publish 4 pictures per post? Any way to fix that?

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Chase is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! He's going to get all the girls with those eyes of his! And Nick too... I love those fishing pictures! That is hilarious! You need to frame those two side by side so you always remember that story! :)

Mindy said...

I love the collage. We did have a good time!

Mindy

Laura Burtis said...

That is so much fun! I love the collage, I need to learn how to do that. I laughed so hared when I read the part about him crying because you were going to eat the fish. LOL. The picture is priceless!

Mallory said...

Hey! Miranda took that middle pic of me as a joke! She was like "you'll be going through the pics then BAM theres your face, and they'd be like 'how did that get there?'...This picture was not to be published on the internet...but it is a cute collage for sure:) and I'll send you my pics in the next couple days. Miss you guys!

Shan said...

How fun to see your escapades in Wilmington! You did so many fun things. Our boys are so beautiful. Chase is so healthy, happy, and sweet and Nick is so full of life. I can't even say how much I love these boys!

The Cowgills said...

Hey, this is Rachel Cowgill (Nightengale), I used to live in Wilmington during high school. I was friends with Brad. Anyway, your kids are so cute! Come visit our blog: cowgillnews.blogspot.com
Rachel

Jen and Ty said...

I love the collage! I really need to learn how to do that. The only thing I would change is that there are no pictures of you! People as gorgeous as you need to spend more time in front of the camera than behind it. (Ty still reminds me that he thinks you are the most beautiful out of all my friends).

Kathrin Paul said...

How fun! I love vacations! And for the record, I could go for one of those s'mores right now!