Monday, December 29, 2008

The Dudley Family Christmas Vacation (part 1)

Hello all. Long time, no post. I do this when I feel overwhelmed with anything. I've had so much that I want to blog about, so I feel overwhelmed, and then I never blog anything. Awesome. December is always the busiest month in the world for everyone, and we are no exception. I love being busy and I love all things Christmas. We're in Philly right now with the entire Dudley family, and life couldn't be sweeter. Some highlights from our trip include:

* Having 4 boys ages 3 and under opening presents (and presents and presents) together on Christmas morning.
* A day trip to Washington DC on my birthday (yikes, I'm 27!)
* Lots of games of Settlers and Scum and Euchre
* Sleeping in almost every morning (because my husband is AWESOME!)
* Nightly devotionals
* Only having to cook every three days -- wahoo!
* Shoe shopping, just mom and me.
* A game of HORSE on Christmas day, in which I took second place, beating all of the boys except for Daniel (this really is amazing considering that I stink at basketball...and all sports).
*Becoming acquainted with the new wii that Daniel and Mara received for Christmas (and that is now on Brad's wish list for next year).

What's even greater is that we still have a week left! Some future highlights include:

* A day trip to New York City
* A date DAY (10 whole hours) with just me and my Brad (I love free babysitters) 
* An appetizer party on New Years Eve
* A day for Katie and I to get projects done that we've been putting off all year
* Many more games and devotionals and yummy food and laughter and joy.

Christmas is so much better with FAMILY around to share it with! Hope all of you had the Merriest of Christmases and that you have a very happy New Year!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Sounds pretty darn fun to me :) Happy birthday (not sure if you saw the message on the girl's blog). Merry Christmas too- how fun to have a date day and a project day. I think I could use both of those about now :)

Becky said...

That sounds so fun! I thought of you on your birthday, but I failed to call. I sure love you and hope you had a great birthday and a really good trip. I wish I could see you! I'm so jealous that you get to go to D.C. and New York!

Dean Family said...

Sooooo fun! I am so happy for you! Miss you like crazy, but I am so happy you are with all your family. Sounds like a lot of fun- Especially the day date! Love you-

Martha said...

I know this is totally late, but happy birthday! I told Melba on the 26th that it was your birthday so she can validate that I remembered it! Hope it was a great day and I'm glad you're having a fun vacation.