Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A 2 month old and some thoughts

 This is me. I have three kids. I have to remind myself of this occasionally because I still can't believe it. I have been asked constantly lately how the transition from 2 to 3 is. Usually by mother's of 2 that are looking into their near future with fear behind their eyes. I know this because that was me for the last year, gleaning all the advice I could from those who had already crossed this threshold. But this is what I've decided: Yes, it's hard. The small amount of free time I once had is completely gone. Relaxing with my husband in the evenings, also gone. I canNOT wrap my head around how in the world I'm supposed to get everything done that needs to be done. Returning phone calls, pretty much impossible (I've been struggling with this one since Chase gave up his nap).That's beings said, we're surviving. I'm incredibly content. I wouldn't even say that I'm stressed. Or maybe I'm happily stressed? One thing is for sure, it's easier in some ways than my transition from 0 to 1 or 1 to 2 and harder in some ways, only because of my individual circumstances. And another thing's for sure; I feel so blessed. So happy. So thankful. So in love with this little girl, her two big brothers, and their dad. Life is good.

 Cora turned 2 months old last week. Here are some things I want to remember:
-She's in the 99th% for weight AND height. She weighs over 12 pounds and is 24.5 inches. Not only does she look much older than she is, she just seems older, always has. As cliche as it sounds, "she has an old soul."
- Her head is only the 80th%!!! I say only because I have never had a child who's head was ever less than the 99th%!
- She is happy, content, smiling, cooing, almost/kind of laughing.
- She loves Nick! She smiles just when she sees him. I'm sure she loves Chase too, but he doesn't pay as much attention to her yet so I'm not sure the bond is as strong -- yet.
- She sleeps anywhere from 7-11 hours straight each night, eats quickly, then goes back down for 3-4 more. I'm not bragging because I've done nothing to deserve this except for keep her on a eat, stay awake, sleep very not strict schedule. I don't let her cry, I rarely wake her from her naps like I did with the boys -- I just got lucky!

While it's only been 2 months, I have to admit, I'm already sick of the color pink. It's never been one of my favorites, although I fully embraced it when I found out I was having a girl. I'm over it now and ready to broaden my color horizons. :) I am, however, still loving all the cute clothes and accessories that come with having a girl!  I just wish I were crafty enough to make some of the styles I love, as I'm certainly not rich enough to buy them.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Happiness is a wonderful attribute to have and to share with others. It is good to hear that you are happy and loving life even with the new business you have!

MBurt said...

I am one of those with the fear behind her eyes as you said. Baby #3 is right around the corner and I'm not sure how to feel. I am hopeful for the contentment you expressed.

Shan said...

Bek, You look beautiful and slim. But tell my Cora to stop growing until we get there. She looks soooooo grownup! Can't wait until next Monday!

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

How nice that she's such a good baby for you! I can only hope I get that lucky. As for the color pink, I totallly know what you mean! I havn't even had the baby yet and I am tired of the color pink - I am trying to stear away from that color too. She is just beautiful and you are looking great too!

Maggie said...

Fun to read your post. I agree so much with what you said. I just wrote about the transition today too. I do think and hope that the free time thing is more related to having a newborn than having 3 children (fingers crossed here). I love that she is sleeping so well for you too! What a cutie. Hope you are doing well.

theminerfamily said...

Bek, she is so gorgeous! And you look AMAZING! I love your expression of happiness, because at the end of the day when the sink is full of dishes and the wash is clean, but in baskets, all that matters is that you have happy kids (and a husband) that know they are loved. And eventually their clothes will get folded... if not, at least they are clean right?

At least this is how I feel at this point and I only have two. I am holding onto Maggie's words about it being a newborn stage thing.

You are amazing and I love ya! Also, Sick of Pink? Blasphemy... (;

Okay I am done blabbing.

rachel said...

What a great post Bekah. I love hearing your thoughts on being a mom :)