Saturday, January 8, 2011

My blue-eyed girl and a new tradition

Random, but I had to document another one of Nick's 'projects.' When we were at the beach in Delaware he saw a man walking around with a metal detector and was fascinated by it. I don't know what made him think of it 3 months later, but the other day he made his own...
 With the birth of each of our kids, I eagerly anticipate the discovery of their eye color, hoping they'll get my husband's beautiful blue's. Both Nick and Chase started out gray and have somewhat settled on what I guess would be called hazel-ish. But Cora, so far, is a different story. They're not as light as Brad's, but they're definitely blue. Here's hoping they stay that way!








 Random again, but here's Nick's eye. :)
 When we made gingerbread houses at the beginning of December, my friend Jessica told me that they save theirs and smash them on New Years to bring good luck. We joined them this year (the boys LOVED it) and I think we'll add this tradition as our own!



 Nick put on this hat the other day and I couldn't help but snap some photos of my silly boy...


 He still loves his baby sister and holds her often--
Can't believe it's 2011! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Kate said...

oh my gosh, i could not be more in love with her! thank you for posting!