Saturday, March 19, 2011

The prep...
 The feast (corn beef, cabbage, carrots, onions and red potatoes cooked in apple juice, sucanat, and a little bit of mustard all day -- yum (except for the cabbage. I do.not.like.cabbage)...
 The dessert (pistachio chocoalte chip cupakes provided by Jessica, delish)
 The costume choices...
 The prize...
 The guests...

 The treasure hunt...




 The hosts
 Cora slept through the whole thing, so she and I had our own party later. As you can tell, I'm very entertaining...
I made a New Years resolution to make the holidays more fun and memorable for my kids. I failed HORRIBLY on Valentines Day. But I love St.Patrick's day. My mom's best friend, Retta, had a St.Patrick's day party for us and the Anderson's every year that I can remember, complete with the corn beef and treasure hunt. In fact, I think one of the most homesick moments I've ever had in my life was our first St.Patty's day away when I knew they were all together and celebrating without me. I've been wanting to carry on the tradition ever since we moved away, and finally did it this year.
Can't wait for next year...

4 comments:

April said...

That looks so fun! Someday I'll try that!

Douglas Family said...

What a good idea! My mom only ever made all the food green on St. Patty's day, which kind of grosses me out so I usually skip out on celebration!

rachel said...

What a great party! Those cupcakes look delish :)

rachel said...

And thanks again for driving tonight and for the good talk. You are great!