Sunday, January 13, 2008

A bad haircut...who would have thought?


So, this picture has nothing to do with this post. I just think my son is cute. A couple of weeks ago, he cleaned out this cupboard, climbed in, and shut the door. This is the cute face we got to see over and over again when we asked "where's Nick?" I love it.

Many of you will be happy to know that I am no longer counting down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until I go into labor. This is partly because of a comment that my wise brother, Daniel, made to me (something to the effect of "that's a stupid thing to worry about when you have absolutely NO CONTROL over it," but in much nicer terms), and mostly because of the awful, and I mean AWFUL, haircut that I got on Thursday. Despite spending Thursday and Friday trying not to burst into tears whenever I thought about it, avoiding mirrors at all costs, and sporting my wonderful husbands Colorado Rockies hat for most of the day today, I have come to the realization that this disastrous haircut is actually a good thing. For one thing, it's a distraction. For another, I actually realize that it's a really vain and trivial thing to be so upset about, and I remind myself of this constantly, because who wants to be vain and trivial? So while you will not be seeing any pictures of me on this blog until my hair grows at least three inches, I just wanted to send it out there that until my bundle of joy comes, I will be enjoying being waited on hand and foot by my husband, sister, and mom, spending my last one-on-one moments (for awhile anyway) with my adorable two-year-old, and being grateful for all that I have and everyone I love. And chances are, if you're reading this blog, that that includes you.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

joel and laura michelle said...

oooh i'm so sorry bekah!! bad hair cuts are hard. you better make brad wait on you!! that happened to my mom once, and she got a great pair of earrings out if it from my dad! so try this again maybe in about 20 years, and then hint to brad for diamond earrings to help "ease" the pain! we can't wait for some happy news soon! love you!

emily mcd said...

Distractions are certainly welcome when the 9 month waiting game comes to an end . . . but bad haircut distractions? Not so good. Sorry Duds! If it makes you feel any better, I can't even imagine you looking anything less than GORGEOUS. Anywho, I love your perspective on everything. You are so great! Know that love for you is gushing from my heart. ;)

Julie said...

I know how you're feeling about wanting this baby to come. Cameron was 16 days early and then Katie was 2 days late. So I was DYING the last few weeks with Katie. Good Luck with your hair!

Haley said...

I'll second Sunkist's comment about a bad haircut on you. I refuse to believe such things exist! Good luck with the pending baby-having! I'm sure glad all y'all are going through this multiple times before I ever have to so I have a whole team of advisors...

MBurt said...

Now, I'm totally afraid to cut my hair. You scared it right out of me. I check your blog every day to see if you have had the baby yet. So, no need for you to count it down, we are all anxiously awaiting. I hope that Brad can post the news.

Steffani said...

Bekah and Brad,
Good luck with the coming little one. I thought it would only be a little crazier with two, but I was confused. The insanity grows exponentially, but so does the joy. I hope for you that Nick will be a great help and loving big brother. I'm sure you will all have tons of fun. Take care!

Kerrah said...

Sorry, about the hair, wish I could help. I remember those last few days anxiously waiting. Good luck with everything!

Maggie said...

I just can't tell you how curious I am about what your hair looks like. Will you send a picture of it to my email? I'm sure it looks great but bad haircuts are really sad. Is it something that can be fixed or do you think its bad because it is just too short? Good luck. We're all pulling for you.

Kate said...

bekah my love. you are such a positive person. i have so much to learn from you. my heart aches for you and the bad haircut. i wish there was something i could do to ease the pain of a bad hair cut. maybe once the baby comes he'll be a good distraction and your hair will be three inches longer in no time! 'til then continue what you are doing! xoxo

The Bish Fam said...

Sorry about haircut! I am like Maggie - you've made us all super curious now! Your hair does grow faster being pregnant, so maybe the last couple days will be the trick. Just teasing. Good luck with this last stretch!