Friday, April 11, 2008

He did it!


Here is a picture of Nick on his first night in his BIG BOY BED! We finally made the switch a week ago, and I have to admit it was easier than I thought it would be! Even though he's two and a half, Nick still doesn't climb out of his crib (he did once, took a hard fall, and hasn't tried since), so we wanted to keep him in one for as long as possible. But our poor little Chase was waking up with big red marks on his head where he had rubbed against the top of the bassinet all night, so we knew it was time. We debated forever over getting another crib, but finally decided we would give this a shot. He doesn't always go down on the first try, but he's only gotten up in the middle of the night twice, so I think the adjustment and transition is going okay. The only bad thing about posting this picture is that I now have to admit to my entire blogging world that, yes, my two and half year old does still sleep with a binky! That challenge is up next!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Maddie will be two in May, and I don't plan on moving her out of her crib for a while. She too, has not tried to climb out. And she does still sleep with her pacifier! I don't plan to take that away until her third birthday... unless she wants it to come earlier!! :) Best of luck!

Amy said...

Oh I am so glad to see the pacifier! I know Will is only 19 months, but already I have gotten the hint from some people it is time for it to be gone! But it is their comfort how can you take it away?! YEAH for Nick!

Rachael said...

Wow you kept him in a crib that long? I was so glad to get charity out of a crib that as soon as Celeste came we got a toddler bed and loved that she could get in/out herself. We did have to get a guard rail thing because she would end up on the floor the next morning.

I personally think pacifiers are great!! Charity still has one for naps and bed time it helps soo much and she goes down SOOO easily I am not giving that up for a while still!!

Maggie said...

Good for Nick. It's sometimes amazing how nicely they make new transitions (and how poorly they make others- thumb sucking). Anyway, I'm glad it has been a good experience so far.

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

Oh my gosh! That is one big boy! Grace is over 4 months old and she only weighs 12 lbs! Chase is so cute. I love his smile.