Sunday, May 4, 2008

Random Happiness



I've always considered myelf a happy person. I usually realize what an impact a positive attitude can have on life, and I think I usually have one. But I think I fell into a bit of a funk over the very long, very cold, very lonely winter I just experienced in State College, PA. And I've turned into something I usually despise.....a whiner. It's too cold, I can't leave my house, I never sleep, there's not enough time, stupid baby weight, when we're done with school I'll be happy, my house isn't clean, my house is too small, I miss my yard, I miss my garage, etc., etc., etc., (aren't you grateful for that extra special glimpse into my mind). Since having this realization (took me long enough), I have been trying to notice the positive things in my life, things besides my wonderful husband and sons, to give me the pick-me-up that I needed. And as cliche and cheesy as it sounds, there really is happiness to be found in everything and everywhere! Here are four very random things that have made me happy this week:





1) I started violin lessons! This is something I have always wanted to learn, and it's been really refreshing and fun to actually do it! Plus the time spent with my amazing friends Melba (my teacher) and Melissa (fellow student) has been awesome! I admire these two so much!



2) Those of you who know me know how much I LOVE to cook! Ha, ha! I wish I liked it, but no matter how hard I try, I just don't. But these zip and steam bags have been rocking my cooking world lately. I'm practically a walking commercial for them. They do asparagus (our family favorite) perfectly, and you can even cook frozen chicken in them and it turns out so yummy! It cuts my cooking time in half, happiness indeed!


3) I'M COMING TO SALT LAKE! I haven't been home since August 4th, and to say that I'm homesick would be an understatement. I'm just excited to see my family and to be in a place where everything is familiar. I will just be chillin' at my parents house starting on May 7th, so stop on by and meet Chase (I doubt I'll be getting out much...my fam already shares one car between the 4 of them, so I'm not about it borrow it).

4) The SUN!!!!! After going way too many days without seeing it, I love to bask (yes, I said bask) in it as much as possible. Nick loves loves loves to be outside, and the past few weeks we've finally been able to go to the park and on walks everyday. Hurray for spring and hurray for H A P P I N E S S!!!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Beks, LOVED this post. I'm sold on those zip lock steam bags, too bad you don't get commission! I wish I was going to SLC with you...maybe August?!

Kim and Franklin said...

Bekah! What I have to say is...Amen Sista!! I posted a while ago about feeling like Lamen & Lemuel because I was whining so much. You have inspired me to knock it off :)
I'm sure I'll see you soon.

Tiffany said...

Loved the post! How long are you in Salt Lake for? We go next Wednesday, the 14th through the weekend. Jacob is coming home from his mission next Friday!

Becky said...

BEKAH!!!!! I can't believe you're coming out here. I am definitely coming to see you. PLEASE call me or email me and let me know how long you'll be out here. I can't wait to see you! I miss you so much.

Maggie said...

I'm sad I won't see you while you are here but happy for you that you get to come back home (I believe it can do wonders). I'll have to try those steam bags... they look awesome.

Melissa said...

Well, just wanted you to know that you make our life so happy and Morgan and I are so happy to have you just down the street. We LOVE hanging out with you guys!! Love you and miss you while you are gone-

April said...

Good idea about looking for the positive in life!! Sometimes I need to work on that, too!

Lori said...

I loved this post! Thanks for sharing!

Firefly:)