Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rugrat Update


My oh my, I can't believe how time is flying! I haven't posted much about my boys as of late and thought I would play a little catch-up!

N I C K
2.5 years old
37 pounds (97%)
36 inches (95%)
Favorite activites: Doing ANYTHING outside, especially digging in dirt and playing with sticks. He also loves to "cook," do puzzles, tickle and cuddle with Chase, play with cars, trucks, airplanes, helicopters, trains, and balls.
Favorite books: "Ten Apples Up on Top" and "I'm a Big Brother."
Favorite foods : turkey dogs, wheat pancakes, anything with marinara sauce, spinach with ranch dressing, fruit and yogurt smoothies, and, of course, c h o c o l a t e (I have no idea where he got this from!).
Our favorite stories of him as of late: Brad was putting Nick to bed the other night. As they laid there in the dark, Brad told Nick that he was going to leave the room and asked him for a kiss good-night. Nick rolled over, grabbed his foot, put it on Brad's lips and said "Kiss my foot, Daddy!" Silly boy. When we were in Utah, Nick was watching "The Little Mermaid." During the part where Ariel is crying because Eric is going to marry someone else, Nick said "She's crying. She needs a nap!" Also in Utah, on our way out of the Childrens Museum my nice mom bought Nick a helicopter. The whole way out of the store Nick kept exclaiming over and over "We buyed it?!?! We buyed it?!?" Like he couldn't believe it (poor kid...you can tell how often we buy him the stuff he asks for.....ahhhh, life on a student-budget!:) ).

C H A S E
4 months and 2 days old
16 pounds (74%)
27 inches long (99%)
Favorite Activities: Rolling over, sucking on his hands and feet, smiling, laughing, "talking," watching Nick, drooling, eating, spitting up, going through at least 3 outfits per day, and sleeping.
Favorite Books (he told me): "Goodnight Moon" and "To Think that I saw it on Mulberry Street."
What he doesn't like: Getting dressed, having lotion put on, and tummy time!

Thanks for indulging me! I have to use my blog as a journal every once in a while so I can remember all these phases!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love these kind of updates! Your boys are so dang cute!!! It was fun to finally meet them in person!!

MBurt said...

Cute boys! It was fun to read their stats and interests. Sounds like Nick is all boy!

Maggie said...

They are so sweet. Thanks for sharing. I loved the helicopter story. Chase looks like he is growing up so fast.

Melissa said...

Oh I love all the sweet stories!!! Can't wait to have you even closer, I just can't ever get enough of you and your sweetness!

The Jones' said...

I can't believe how fast they grow! I can't wait to see you in August! You'll be there when Scott gets home right? That's our plan too.

The Peterson's said...

What's up Brad! Of course I remember you. Glad you found us. The blog is my wife's thing, but it is cool. Cute Fam, keep in touch.