Tuesday, August 26, 2008

5 whole years!





Aren't cheesy, posed, wedding pictures the greatest? If only Katie were in business back then! I can't believe it's been 5 years since Brad and I got married! Since I've sung his praises many a'time on this blog, I thought I would just tell him I LOVE HIM and give a brief synopsis of the major happenings in our coupleship over the last 5 years.

*August 2003 -- We got married and moved into our Provo, UT apartment to finish our senior years at BYU.
*June 2004 --Graduated from the good ol' B-Y and moved to Denver, Colorado for Brad's first job as an actuary.
*January 2005 -- Discovered we were pregnant with baby Goldie.
*September 2005 -- moved to SLC, UT, bought a cute little red-brick home in Sugarhouse, and I had 22 blissful months of living close to my friends and family and Brad had 22 months of the job from He**.
*October 2005 -- NICHOLAS ALLEN GOLDIE joined our family and changed our lives forever.
* May 2007 -- Discovered we were pregnant with baby Goldie #2.
*August 2007 -- Decided that said job from He** was not working out for us and moved to Pennsylvania so that Brad could spend 5 years getting his PhD in finance.
*January 2008 -- CHASE CLARK GOLDIE joined our family and added to our bliss.
*August 2008 -- I celebrate 5 years of being married to my best friend, and reflect on how much has happened, how much we've changed individually and as a couple, and how I know what it is to be in love NOW, on this day, more than ever before. There have been good times and bad, happiness and sadness, but I'm blessed to be married to someone who knows that marriage takes work and priority, and that all of our joys and trials have only made us stronger. Here's to eternity with you, Babe. All my love --
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

April said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been 5 years either!! It seems like yesterday that we were all at your wedding reception! Time goes by so fast! Congratulations on your anniversary, and I'm sure you'll have many, many more!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Happy Anniversary! You look gorgeous in those pictures. It was fun to read what you guys have done the past 5 years, what an adventure!

Jen and Ty said...

Something has got to be wrong with me because I just atarted crying while reading your entry. I am such a dork, but I love you! I think being reminded of the things you have gone through the past 5 years and the happiness you have found no matter where you have lived is what made me cry. Thanks for being my inspiration :).

Jim said...

What? 5 years? That means our 5th ann is in January. How time does fly! Happy Anniversary!! We miss you guys.

Liz said...

Happy 5th! You looked sooo gorgeous on your wedding day! We miss you!