Saturday, August 2, 2008

We L O V E summer!

So I realize that my blog is always about my kids, but what do you do? That's my life. And I love it. We have had so much fun this summer! Now that it's August I'm already starting to get a pit in my stomach thinking about the upcoming winter. I hate cold and I hate being couped up in my house. So until then we'll be patronizing Spring Creek park, Whipple Dam, Bald Eagle reservoir, Welch pool, the neighborhood playground, and the library. And my house and my cooking will continue to be neglected and forgotten. Hurray for summer!


Brad's 17-year-old sister, Miranda, came to stay with us this past week and we had a blast! Miranda is one amazing girl. She is super smart and talented (singing and piano) and we loved having her here. She was like a live-in nanny/maid for me (always a good thing) and was constantly helping out and cleaning up. Last Saturday she heard me spout off my list of stuff to clean to Brad and the next time I came downstairs she had done half of the things on my list! She also changed diapers (and not just the wet ones, either), was a horse for Nick to ride on, and made Chase laugh his head off by taking him on adventurous rides every time he was in his stroller. Nick affectionately calls he "Arana" and has asked about her every day since she left on Thursday. On Monday (her 17th birthday) we went to Del Grosso's, an amusement park about 45 minutes from here. Tuesday we spent way too much time in the car driving to Lancaster and the outlet malls, and on Wednesday I made her watch some movies she hasn't seen that I consider classics (i.e., Pride and Prejudice...the A&E version--so not a fan of the Keira Knightly one...Mr.Hollands Opus, Sleepless in Seattle, and You've Got Mail). Thanks for the fun time, Miranda. Come back soon!


Little Chase man just a'swinging away.


I know I always blog about Nick's crush, Morgan, but I have yet to mention her beautiful little sister, Mikayla. She's about 6 weeks older than Chase and they are fast becoming best buds...if that's possible for 6 and 7 month olds!


Instead of running away when I try to take his picture, Nick now makes this lovely face. I seem to remember my little brother Daniel doing the same thing when he was younger. Classic. Here he is feeding the ducks.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Too cute! They are getting so big!!

The Cowgills said...

I love the posed smile! My boys do the same thing!

Shan said...

Sooo cute, Bekah. I can't believe we get to hold and kiss our boys in three days!!!! Hooray for airplanes and kids who want to come home and see their moms! Thank goodness!!!!
I love you...

Lori said...

Bekah,
where on earth were you will all the ducks? You are such a cute family!
Lori

Kathrin Paul said...

I seem to remember Daniel making that face a few years ago. . . . ha ha. Just kidding. Love it! Summer is my favorite and I look forward to no school next year so I can enjoy the whole thing!

Kathrin Paul said...

I seem to remember Daniel making that face a few years ago. . . . ha ha. Just kidding. Love it! Summer is my favorite and I look forward to no school next year so I can enjoy the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bekah! I feel so loved! I had a great time and can't wait to come back!