Sunday, October 26, 2008

Interesting...

I thought I felt like a mom the first time they laid Nick in my arms...


This feeling intensified the first time I saw Chase...
But I must admit, I feel as though last night I was truly inaugurated into the world of parenting. I'll spare you the pictures, but Nick woke up at 1am, and when I rushed into his room, the poor vomit covered lad cried, pointing, "Mommy, I spit." Well, that "spitting" has continued about every two hours, and during the night it was my time to hold the bowl, rub the back, wipe his mouth, ect. And my thought at 3am was "Now, I am a mom." I reflected back on how even up through high school I would wake with horrible stomach cramps and would immediately go and sleep with my parents. Luckily, I was able to hold my own bowl by this point (or make it to the porcelin one in the bathroom), but my mom would comfort, hold my hair back, and wait on me all through the night. Isn't it ironic that you don't really appreciate your parents until you are one?! Just like how you don't really know how special the "before kids" years are with your spouse until you have a kid! Anyway, Nick is still throwing up every two hours, but seems to feel okay in between. This has become his permanant spot for the day. We're letting him watch movies, even though it's Sunday.




Onto happier, less disgusting topics, this is my beautiful niece, Ella. I have 2 sons (duh) and 4 nephews, so Ella, as the only girl, has a special place in my heart. She was 5 months old when I came into the family, and I love her to pieces. Incidentally, so does Nick.
Chase is crawling! I have been waiting patiently for this event, as I seem to remember with Nick how much mobility changes my life. He has 6 teeth, so as he was first learning and would sometimes face plant into the floor, he got a couple of good fat lips, poor baby.



Nick's imagination and pretend play has really taken off in the last few months, and I love to watch him develop. A couple weeks ago, Nick went up to Brad and said "Shhhh. All these peoples in our house are sleeping." Looking for clarity, Brad noticed that Nick had gathered all my Willow Tree figurines and had put them to bed. What a nice Daddy Nick is.

Here is a picture of my boys two weeks ago, on a happier, healthier Sunday.

And last but not least, I have to say, GO PENN STATE!!!! It's official. I'm a fan. Not that I wasn't a fan before, it's just that I don't recollect ever caring about sports before in my life. But I finally sat down and watched, yes watched, a game last night, and it was fun! I'm even excited for the next one. Super Bowl, here we come!!! Ha, ha, just kidding. National Championship, here we come!


11 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh your boys are SO HANDSOME!!! Lance got the flu at 5 months and I remember him just throwing up on me multiple times, and I thought - this is how you know you are a mom, your baby pukes on you over and over and you don't care one bit. You just love them even more! Hope Nick gets better soon.

The Stanford Bunch said...

awww... poor little sick Nick, hope he gets better soon! And you even managed to come to church and play the piano for the primary program today!! And yes, I wish my kids would appreciate me now, but someday they will, haha!

Lori said...

Poor Nick, poor mommy, I hope he gets feeling better soon! Bekah, you are such a great mom.

April said...

Sam is my boyfriend. No, you didn't miss anything, I just don't write about my "love life" very much because I like to keep it personal. But just lately I've been writing a little more, so it might seem kind of sudden.

Maggie said...

Congratulations on becoming a real mom. (Even though I'm pretty sure that you've already done enough to become a true mom before this experience). I'm sorry though that Nick is sick. Chase is getting so big and I think he looks so much like Nick too. They are so super cute.

Jen and Ty said...

I am so sorry about poor Nick. I am dreading the day that happens to Thatcher. I hope he is doing better. The pics are darling...especially the Sunday clothes one! I love your boys.

Kate said...

Hang in there! Sorry to hear things have been a bit rough this past weekend. I send you all my love and hope that boy gets better quick and that no one else catches that bug!

Rebecca Moore said...

Hey Becka....I just wanted to say hi. I have not been on you blog forever and it was so fun to see your family growing up. Your boys are darling!!!! I hope you guys are doing well. We are great. So is grandview 2.


http://web.mac.com/brentdmoore/iWeb/Site/Moore%20Home.html

Kathrin Paul said...

Such a precious post! You're such a cute mom. And what good looking boys! The sunday clothes are so stylin'!

Becky said...

I love you! You're my hero and I want to be just like you when I'm a mom! Will you come and live with me so I know how? :) I miss you like crazy!

bubba said...

Mark agreed this week that the betroval to your boys with our girls is a good one. They are so darn beautiful. You should have hundreds them.