Monday, October 6, 2008

Look who's T H R E E!!!

My b a b y b o y turned THREE YEARS OLD today! How did this happen? I simply can't believe it. As Brad said earlier, "We officially have a three year old. We are old."
We woke up early this morning (perhaps with a little coaxing from me...) to give Nick his present. He loves play kitchens and I couldn't wait to see his reaction!



This afternoon we went to his 3 year old well-child check up and he did great. His weight and height are still both in the 97% and he's developing in every way right on track.


Tonight we had Nick's 2 favorite friends, Morgan and Russ (and their wonderful families), over for dinner, FHE, and cake and ice cream. I asked Brad to take pictures of Nick blowing out his candles and this is what I ended up with: Remind me to delegate that job to someone else in the future

Wonderful Russ, birthday-boy Nick, and beautiful Morgan at the end of our party.

Every year (yes, all three of them) I go and hold a sleeping Nick at the exact moment he came into my life on October 6th, 2005. And every time, I cry. This boy turned our lives upside down and taught us not only what it really means to love, sacrifice, worry, and give; but also what it really means to be loved, be needed, and be filled with complete and utter J O Y. I can't imagine my life without this little man and his brother, but I know that I am extremely blessed. Happy Birthday, Nick!

12 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

that's so awesome! Happy Bday to Nick!

Alisha said...

Wow! Three years already? I just might be sleep deprived but that makes me want to cry. Time passes so fast. He's such a cute little boy & you are such a great mommy!

bubba said...

So sweet. 3 years comes and goes so so quickly. I would love to get together with yall. When is good for you? I miss the primary :( oh well. Have a great day.

Nicole said...

aw, you're such a cute mom. happy birthday to nick!

joel and laura michelle said...

what a handsome little man you have!!! he's a lucky guy to have you as parents :) much love!

Mallory said...

Wish I could have been there! He's getting too big. Tell him to stop please.

Unknown said...

How fun! It really is weird to have a three year old huh?!? I'm always amazed when I stop and think about that, and it's crazy. Life is great with 3 year olds though, lol.

Kate said...

happy birthday nick! it looks like you guys had such a great day. i can't wait to come and play kitchen with the birthday boy :) and do i see curtains up? i think you should post pictures of your place, i can't wait to see it! love you and miss you.

agomes123 said...

Three years old? Where does the time go? What a wonderful gift to hold your sweet boy at the exact moment of his birth. Please tell me that you will do that every year. :)

Melanie said...

BeKaH! I can't believe that Nick is already 3 years old! Time flies so fast. Happy Birthday Nick! Glad to see that all is well. ~Melanie Walton

theminerfamily said...

Bekah, I am thinking back to 3 years and about 6 months ago. I cannot believe that much time has passed and now you have TWO kids and I have one. We are not OLD just MATURE! (: I also want to see pictures of your house! You are truly amazing. I read your blog and am reminded of what a wonderful friend I have... and MISS! Let's chat soon!

Amy said...

What a wonderful tradition Bekah! I love it! He is too cute!