Friday, October 3, 2008

The winds of change...

I've been in the mood for change lately. Nothing all that dramatic or anything, just small changes. Some changes have just happened, others have been by choice;

* I used to only like milk chocolate. I wouldn't even eat chocolate chip cookies if they were made with semi-sweet chips. But for the past few months, milk does nothing for me. I'm all about the dark.

* I used to ALWAYS wear socks to bed. If I didn't have any on when I went to bed because I had been wearing sandals, I would put some on. Now I can't stand wearing socks to bed. It drives me nuts.

* I get up AT 5AM now, Monday-Friday. Me. The night owl since birth. The girl who could easily sleep 10 hours at night and still take a nap. The girl who would sleep in until noon on weekends and in the summer. 5 A M. Early, I know. And last night I went to bed AT 10:15. I think I was in elementary school the last time I went to bed that early. What is going on here? I'll tell you. Baby weight, my friend Melissa, and the YMCA. This has been happening since June (except then it was 6:00am and my friend Kendra, who moved the beginning of August).

* I am sick of the color red. I have sold every red thing I own on craigslist, along with my couches, my elliptical, and a number of other things. I'm redecorating. Brown and blue, I think. I figure I'll get sick of that in another 3-4 years, and by then we'll be done with school and we'll be moving so I can sell it all and redecorate again! And I'm becoming a minimalist. No more useless stuff in the storage closet under the stairs. No more hanging on to clothes I don't wear, books I won't read, ect. It's all gotta go. Sort of cleansing, in a way --

All I can say is that change is good...

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hurray for cleansing, it's a constant battle for me, you seem to have it down. I just redecorated my living room, I need you to come and give me some advice on a couple of areas! I can't wait to see your new place.

Kate said...

ooo I can't wait to see your "new" place! I love you Bekah and I'm SO glad that you are my sister.

PS You rock for "willingly" getting up at 5am!