Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dudley Family Christmas Part 2

Christmas 2005: T&K Dudley family are in London
Christmas 2006: B&B Goldie family are in Ohio
Christmas 2007: B&B Goldie family are in PA, unable to travel because of pregnancy.
Christmas 2008: We're FINALLY all together for the holiday, for the first time since 2004. No wonder I was excited!

This trip could not have been more perfect. We had a chore chart, a meal chart, a devotional chart and a posterboard calendar marking our activities hung on the wall to keep things organized. 8 adults and 4 little boys in such close proximity could have called for disaster, but instead the house was full of laughter and peace. I love this family I belong to and will always cherish these two weeks we had all together ... heaven knows when this will happen again! Now get ready for more pictures than I have ever put on a single post before!

Nick was obsessed with playing Santa just about the whole time. Here he made my dad and Mara sit on his "sleigh" while he drove it around, delivering toys.

Jack and Nick are the greatest combination. I love these two boys together!

Lounging away...that's what vacation is for!

On Christmas Eve my parents gave the boys monkey jammies and Curious Geoge stuffed animals. Four little monkeys sitting on the bed...bet you can guess how long that lasted!

My parents were nice enough to treat us to a day trip in DC on my birthday. I had never been before and I loved it almost as much as NYC (where we also went, but I forgot my camera). Here we are in front of the Lincoln Memorial, the whole family minus Katie, who always gets stuck behind the lens (thanks, Kate). When we got up to the Lincoln Memorial, Nick stared at the huge statue in awe and asked me if he could walk and talk. I tried to explain that it was a statue made of rock, honoring a great man, blah blah blah. Well, the boys got restless, so Brad took them back down and left me to marvel and read Lincoln's speeches. When Nick met my mom at the bottom of the memorial, they had the following conversation:
My mom: Nick, did you see Abraham Lincoln?
Nick (disappointed): Yeah. He can't talk. He just walked into a rock and sat down.
My cute Tim and Katie

Nick's loot from Santa on Christmas morning.

Opening presents (yes, in his underwear. Honestly, he's usually in his underwear. It's a battle I choose not to fight unless we're going somewhere).

The boy loves his puzzles!

Our little Chasers on Christmas morning. He loved playing with all the wrapping paper!

The four of us in front of The White House.

WW2 Memorial. Look at my hubby's cute hat that I made him buy! :)

Chase slept in his stroller for about 2 hours of the sight-seeing. Such a good babe.

All bundled up! It was in the upper 40's that day (which sounds like heaven compared to the 6 degrees it is right now in State College)!

The huge van my dad rented to transport us there and back (everyone was really thrilled I was taking their picture at midnight if you can't tell).

Daniel and I had to sit on the front bench with Chase because we get car-sick (I know, lucky us!)


Brad and I carried over a Goldie family tradition and we had an appetizer party for New Years Eve. Yes, it was as good as it looks.

Chase...just being himself. Can you believe it's almost his birthday, because I can't!

One of the best things about this trip was spending time with my Brad. He hardly did any school work so we were able to just play and relax the whole time (Iknow, lovely picture).

Calahan (the sweetest, cutest, funniest 18 month old alive) playing with Daniel.


On the way home, we stopped in Hershey, PA and went to chocolate world! Nick loved it and we're looking forward to going back in warmer weather!

All in all, a trip I will never forget! Love you each Mom, Dad, Tim, Katie, Jack, Cal, Daniel ,and Mara!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love those pictures of Cal and Daniel! We miss you all so much and can't wait for you to come again :)