Friday, January 23, 2009

How does it go so fast.....

One year ago (yesterday) this beautiful baby boy entered our lives...






Happy Birthday, Chasey-boy. We love you in every way possible. (One-year old pictures are being taken next weekend by Kate). This was such a bittersweet day for me. I'm so happy he's growing, progressing, and becoming more independent, but why does it have to go so fast? What a difference a year makes!
We celebrated the day by having Daddy home with us for most of the day and by going to the library. We have the best library here and Chase loves it. In the evening our good friends Melba and Sammie joined us for Chase's favorite dinner (fejawada...a Brazillian dish from Brad's mission...I have no idea how it's really spelled), along with some brownies and ice cream.
This birthday boy is not too sure about his birthday hat!
About to climb up the stairs -- his absolute favorite thing to do all day!

Posted by Picasa
"Reading" books -- his favorite thing to do once he gets up the stairs!
This is how Chase lets us know he's finished with his meal -- he throws it as far as he can.
This is how happy he gets after he throws his food!

His first dessert! He took a few bites, and I bet you can guess where the rest of it ended up!

My little one-year-old! Here are some facts about Chase:

*He has a very sweet disposition and rarely cries EXCEPT for when you put him down to sleep. I think I can count on one hand the number of times he hasn't cried when we laid him down for a nap or bed (usually only for 5 minutes, though).

* He can sign 'more' and 'all done' and can say 'grandpa, bye-bye, ma-ma, da-da,' and a few other words.

*He has never taken a binkie or a bottle, and has just recently formed an attachment to a blanket.

* He prefers ME over Brad, something that Nick never has!

*He loves his big brother and tries to do everything that Nick does.

* He is crawling everywhere, pulls himself up on everything, and walks along furniture or anything else he can hold on to.

*He loves to DANCE!

*He still loves his jumper chair and will happily jump away for 30 minutes or longer.

Oh, how we love this kid! I can't believe I have a three-yr-old and a 1-yr-old. How does time go by so fast? Happy Birthday, my little Chase!

PS- HURRAY and HALLELUJAH -- the boy is WEANED!

11 comments:

Ali J said...

It's crazy how fast time goes!! Happy Birthday Chase!

rachel said...

Happy Birthday Chase! You are such a sweet boy and I love seeing your smiling face each week.

Jen and Ty said...

Happy Birthday Chase! I can't wait for you and Thatcher to be best buds! Bekah I told Ty about my need ot go to State College and he said we should start a fund for it. So... I might be able to come visit before Brad is done. Hurray!

Linds said...

He's so cute! It really IS amazing the difference a year makes! wow!

Unknown said...

Congrats Bekah! What a cutie little boy Chase is! I loved your posts, your family is so fun, so cute! I love it when you post the hilarious things Nick said like what he said about Lincoln...! Take care!

Kate said...

I've been waiting for this post! It really seems like just last week we all came to your house because this beautiful boy was born. I'm so glad that we live close enough that we could come to the hospital. What a special time that was. Gosh I love you guys! Happy birthday Chase, I can't wait to squeeze and kiss those cheeks in a week.

PS- I love the pictures of the thrown food...made me feel like my child wasn't the only one who enjoyed seeing his dinner in orbit.

xoxo

Kerrah said...

TIME FLIES!!!! It's so crazy, especially when it comes to our babies! He is sooooooo hansome!!! Alex will be 18 months in about 3 weeks, that means nursery, what? I really miss you guys! love ya!

The Stanford Bunch said...

soo cute! Happy Birthday to Chase! I wish they wouldn't grow so fast - I love the first year! Congrats on the weaning, I am starting that process and I am afraid it's not gonna be as easy as it was with the girls. Thanks again for yesterday!

Mallory said...

He is getting too big! I miss him! Hope the family is doing great in PA! Miss you all!

theminerfamily said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CHASE! We thought about you all day (I actually tried to blog and call, but didn't get you). We are glad to see you had a wonderful day! It's fun to have Anna share the day with someone so sweet...I think it God decided Jan 22nd was a day for sweetness! (:
Much love.
D&H&A

Melissa said...

Congrats to you!!!! That is so great and Happy Birthday to Chase. He is so sweet and such a fun little boy. We love you guys and miss you more than ever!