Monday, February 23, 2009

fun stuff

First of all, my friend Rachel is doing much better! Thank you for your prayers! And considering her condition, the following seems rather like a moot point. But here goes...

Whilst in Philadelphia in DECEMBER, I got a cough. I still have it. A couple weeks ago, I got a fever. It appears mostly at night time, and sometimes goes away for 2 days at a time, and then comes back to visit again. Today I FINALLY went to the doctor. I really don't like going to the doctor, although I don't know why (really, though, does anyone like it?). Prognosis? PNEUMONIA. My reaction upon hearing the news? RELIEF! I just haven't felt like myself for the last two months, and I'm glad to know that there was a legitimate reason why. My house is in a perpetual state of filthiness and clutter, and that's not like me. I'm having to motivate myself to go to the grocery store, the gym, the library, and to do fun stuff with my kids, which is also not like me. I've just been tired, achy, and lethargic. But, in 7-10 days and after a lot of antibiotics, I should be as good as new!! :) Hurray for modern medicine, for a brother living with me that is fantastic with my kids, and for a husband that doesn't mind sandwiches and other random easy things for dinner in the last few weeks. Here's to HEALTHINESS!

ps- and yes, I do feel silly for not having gone to the doctor much sooner.

12 comments:

Ali J said...

Oh geez! That seems to be going around a lot. Angie had it last week too! Not fun! Get better!

Kate said...

oh man i am so glad that you are now on meds and on the road to recovery. there is nothing like being sick!
xoxo

The Stanford Bunch said...

wow - that's crazy!! I'm glad you get some drugs tho and you are on your way to getting better - I think it is when we get sick that we finally appreciate being healthy! get better soon! love ya!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Bekah, that's no fun, hope you get feeling better asap!

Mallory said...

That's gross. Feel better.

Maggie said...

I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is so miserable but I agree it is nice to go to the doc and find out that there was a real reason why you didn't feel that great :) Get well soon and take it easy.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry- We love you and will do anything for you. Just let us know!

Douglas Family said...

I had no idea you weren't feeling well. I hope you get well very soon - I am glad Rachel is doing better. Anything else we can do for her?

the andersons said...

If there is anything we can do, let us know! Hope you get better quickly.

Laura Burtis said...

Oh my hannah! That is so sad! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Martha said...

Sorry you've been sick but I'm glad there's a reason and that you can take antibiotics for it. Take it easy on yourself for the next little while!

cassidy said...

Bekah, for some reason I had never come across your blog, I'm so glad i found you! Your family is so cute, I can't believe your littlest is already 1!! I swear i just heard about his birth! Anyway, get feeling better.. and keep in touch! =)