Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Granny Shanny

My dad travels a lot for business. This doesn't affect me all that much, seeing as how I haven't lived near him in almost six years. But I know it's hard on my mom and my siblings and I know how much I hate it when he leaves when I'm visiting UT. The one and only plus side to all of this travel are the frequent flier miles and the fact that they send my mom to visit me every other month or so. My parents are the best. I feel so loved and cherished by them and I know my kids do too. It means a lot to me that they spend every frequent flier mile to come visit us. And I love that the birthday packages, holiday packages, phone calls and face time on the ipad allow my kids to feel close to my family, despite the fact that they have never lived close to them. It takes effort, but it is so worth it. 

My mom came for one last visit to State College at the end of May and got to be there for both boys end-of-year programs. Every time she visits she also spoils my kids with one-on-one dates which usually includes a visit to the restaurant of their choice and a trip to Target toy section. I tried to snag a photo of my mom with my kids, but as you'll see, I didn't succeed. I kinda think it's funny to see them all together; each kid looks good in the one picture where the other ones aren't looking. Oh well, better luck next time!






2 comments:

Amy said...

who doesn't love granny shanny!i love her as my aunt shan, so as granny i am sure she is amazing!!

corazon said...

nice post
https://www.hartacod.com merupakan situs poker online , judi poker online, agen poker online terpercaya di Indonesia yang ada di Indonesia pada saat ini.