Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Are you even KIDDING ME...


This summer something new has happened. Every Wednesday night I have a date with me, myself, and I...and my TV. I am not a TV lover. I'm sure I have mentioned before how I think I would throw it out my window if certain members of my family would let me. But I am in LOVE with 'So You Think You Can Dance.' I am by no means a dancer. My high school friends would emphatically agree with this fact! :) But when my best friend Jen (who is a dancer) came to visit in May she introduced me to this show and I am hooked. I had NO IDEA that dance could be so moving. I seriously cry every week. C-R-Y. ME. I KNOW. I can't remember a time in my life where I cried once a week!
Now I find myself counting down the minutes 'til Wednesday night at 8:00. I've already checked their tour schedule to find out the nearest city they're coming to. And I'm already plotting to drag Brad to the concert while his mom babysits (they're coming to Colombus) and I just sit their and cry my eyes out (like I did when I went to the Mormom Tabernacle Choirs Christmas Concert in high school {my poor boyfriend}...or like the time I went to see my beautiful and talented cousin portray Cosette in Les Mis in NYC {the poor strangers who were sitting beside me}...or like the time...well, you get the idea. I think it vitally important to our marriage that Brad also experience an equally humiliating experience with me, don't you?). Every time I am so moved by music and the arts I find myself wishing, no, praying that my children are one day so inspired and moved by something that they're brought to tears. It's undescribable.
Tonight Melissa and Ade danced a number about a woman fighting breast cancer and it was INCREDIBLE. I'm sure it will be all over the internet tomorrow, so if you missed it tonight find it and WATCH IT! And grab a box of tissues...

11 comments:

Amy said...

I love this show too! And that was an amazing dance! This show is seriously my all time fav! And don't worry its not a date by yourself--I am many miles away doing the SAME thing!

Alisha said...

I haven't watched the past couple of seasons but it used to be my favorite show... I went to the live show 2 years ago. AWESOME. It's addicting huh?

Alisha said...

P.S. When you do go to the live show, make sure to look around & have a laugh at all of the GROWN MEN having meltdowns & screaming like teenaged girls. It's HI-LARIOUS!

P.P.S. Brad is a good man if he could even be dragged to the show. Sam would NEVER.

Liz said...

I totally cried last night, too! I'm super addicted! Tonight's show is going to be awesome...I can tell already!!!

joel and laura michelle said...

you are hilarious & i'm right in line with you. not so much about the crying ... but i L O V E this show. can't get enough! it would be so fun to get all the girl cousins to meet up and go to the concert, wouldn't it? it could happen .... ;)

Ali J said...

Isn't it the best! I've been watching since it started and I can honestly say it's my favorite show ever!! Allan and I went to a show on their tour last year, it was awesome! You need to go for sure!

Kurtis and Iva said...

I am also a faithful watcher and I too was moved by their amazing dance! I'm trying to convince Kurtis that we should go to the tour show as well, still working on it though.

Meg said...

Maybe I need to meet up with you in Columbus. Now that would be so cool.

Jen and Ty said...

Ty looked up tour tickets today. They are pricey, but he is convinced that it will make me happy for a year, and he is probably right. Last night made me cry too...hooray for dancing!

Jessica said...

I totally agree...first year I've watched it and I'm totally hooked! It is incredible!!! (I could do without one of the judges though...) I'm dying to go to the show! xox.

Nicole said...

i LOVE that show!

(shocking, i know.)