Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Survived...

I'm home from camp and all is well. Not only did Miranda take care of my kids physical needs, she even kept them on schedule, monitored their TV time, and cleaned my house, so transitioning back into our normal routine this week has been easy! Such was not the case last year, so I'm very appreciative. I meant to take a darling picture of her with my boys, but I forgot to before she left (of course). Lucky for all of us, Nick has been practicing his photography skills and captured this beauty.
Everything at camp went great, except for the fact that it poured rain EVERYDAY. We just went on with our acitivities as planned and came home with a lot of wet and muddy clothes. I love girls camp. I think it's probably one of those things that you either hate completely or love absolutley, and I love it. The songs. The cheesiness. The testimonies that are grown (hopefully).The girls in my stake are incredible. And the women that I planned camp with were fantastic. Here we are:
Things, camp-wise, are a lot different here than they were for me in UT. Everything is done in year levels, not wards, and so the stake camp directorship plans everything. There have been moments of stress and tears in the past few months, but the moment I got up there and saw the girls it was all worth it. Now we'll take a few months off and then start planning for next year! My only complaint of the week was that I missed my boys like crazy (including Brad...if you're wondering why, read the post below). I've never been away from them for that long (last year I took Chase with me and came home to visit Nick twice), and it nearly did me in and made me all the more grateful that I'm able to stay home with them. Love these two:

{photo from Del Grosso's amusment park, 2 weeks ago. That post is coming}

On a side-note, Nick has been working really hard at learning, recognizing, and writing his letters and I'm so proud of him. He knows them all by name, knows the sound they make, and is slowly starting to sound things out. I think he has his Daddy's brain (phew!). Can't believe this silly boy will be 4 in a few months!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Nick is looking so grown up, what a cutie! I love girls camp too. Up in Seattle, we do ours by camp level/age as well. We LOVED it! We always looked forward to reuniting with our fellow stake friends each summer!

Lori said...

Such a proud look on little Nick's face. I love it!

Kate said...

Awe shucks...I miss that little Nicker-bocker! I can't believe how good his handwriting is! The boy's got skills :)

PS. I love that picture of the three of you, simply precious.

Becky said...

I'm so proud of you that you survived Girls Camp. I miss you and you're beautiful and I wish I could see you soon!