Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My month long vacation

Dear Burglars in my neighborhood,


It's true. I'm out of town for a month. Please feel free to rob me. I could probably get better stuff from my renters insurance. Just leave the photos. Oh, and Brad will be home soon, so you better be quick about it.


Dear Everyone else who cares,
The best part about having your husband be a professional student is that he gets somewhat of the traditional student breaks -- a week off for Thanksgiving, a month at Christmas, spring break, and, oh yes, SUMMER BREAK! He actually still works everyday during each of these breaks, but he does take some time off and his schedule is much more flexible. So while he will not be gone for a month like I will, we are taking advantage of the time we have before school picks up again in the fall. This week we are in Ohio, and here's a bit of what we've been up to:
Nick has been enjoying his wonderful cousins. Preston and Ella make the best of playmates.




Aunt Mallory is always willing to play with the kids and take them on adventures outside. We're all lucky to have her. And if anyone out there is looking to hire an awesome art teacher, she's available. :)

We took the kids fishing a few days ago. Here they are practicing their casting form.


This was Nick's reaction when I told him to look at me and smile. He told me I had to be quiet because I was scaring the fish away.



I LOVE my father-in-law. The man is hilarious and is such a fun Grandpa.


Ella caught her first fish!

Nick has been playing hard and having a ball. After sleeping 12 hours one night, he woke and asked for some breakfast. I put him in this kitchen chair, went to get his milk, and found him asleep when I came back. He NEVER falls asleep like this and I was shocked! He slept for 2 more hours on the couch!

Wonderful Miranda turned 18 this week! All of the adults went kayaking down the Little Miami River on her birthday and had a blast (but have no pictures since my camera is not waterproof!)!

Yes you read that sign correctly. Today we went to a dairy that has a petting zoo, batting cages, a fun play area, an ice cream shop, and, you guessed it, miniature golf. I think the name is so clever!
It rained off and on today, which provided for Chase's favorite activity: jumping in puddles.

Chase loves animals and was in heaven at the petting zoo.
Nick, practicing his milking skills.

Mally and Grandpa Jeff


Grandma Debbie and Chase
This was Nick's first time mini golfing and he loved it!
This is what he did every single time he got the ball in the hole.

Chase watched everyone else for about 10 seconds, then begged a ball and a club off of Mal and Grandma and joined in the fun.

Quick Chase update: He turned 18 months last week and had his well-child check up. He's 26 pounds (55%), and 35 inches (off the charts). And I don't even have to record his head measurement because it is still off the charts, just like Nick's. My nice pediatrician always says "Room for all those brains, right?" Sure. He's talking up a storm now and will literally repeat ANYTHING you ask him to. Words he says by his own free will and choice include: Mama, Dada, Nick, Chase, ball, bear, dog (ruff ruff), please, cow(mooo), cat (meow), chicken (bok bok), monkey (ah ah ah), thank you, grandma, grandpa, Miranda, baby, flower, car, airplane, ice cream, night night, bye bye, water, milk, cracker, apple, bread, play, book, again, more, ect. He also sings "Bob the Builder" and bits and pieces of "ABCs" and "I Am a Child of God." He loves animals, balls, Nick, and being outside. And we love him to pieces.

5 comments:

The Jones' said...

Are you coming to Utah during your month long vacation? I would love to plan a trip up there to hang out with you:)

Kate said...

ahhh you guys are having way too much fun! can't wait to play with you in a few days :)

Douglas Family said...

What a funny note to the burglars. I feel the same way sometimes!

April said...

That's such a cute picture of you and Brad fishing. And your boys are so cute! I love the one of Nick shushing you so you wouldn't scare away the fish.... kids are so funny!

Kathrin Paul said...

Such fun pictures! Your boys are so adorable! Totally stoked to see you!