Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sisters...

One of the things I miss most about living in UT is Millcreek Mondays. Each Monday my family goes up Millcreek canyon with the Anderson's and James', two families that I grew up with and whose homes I felt as comfortable in as I did my own. Brad and I even planned our UT trip so that we could be to as many Millcreek Mondays as possible. Tonight did not disappoint.

Amber (known to most people as Lynny) was born 10 days before me right down the street from me. I think every childhood memory I have includes her. We spent countless hours together climbing trees, playing Robin Hood and Little John, 'My Little Ponies,' swimming, and barbies. And although we hung out with different people in junior high and high school, she will always be one of my best friends. She was on a mission when I got married and her absence was keenly felt. She feels as much like a sister to me as my own sisters do, and is one of those people who I can not talk to for a year and we can pick up when we see each other like we'd talked yesterday. I admire everything about her and was so glad I got to see her tonight and that we get to go camping in Mill Hollow next week (something we did every year growing up!).

I have to admit that despite my love/hate relationship that I seem to have with Utah, when the plane finally touched down last week, I felt like I was home. Who knows where we'll end up in a few years, but it's nice to know that I'll always have this place and these people here to visit. Here's to a great few weeks...

3 comments:

theminerfamily said...

Bekah, that is so awesome! We went up Milcreek last night, it was beautiful, though not as relaxing with a curious toddler. (: CAN WE PLEASE GET TOGETHER!??! CALL ME!

theminerfamily said...

P.S. I tried to call you but only have your home phone. CALL ME!!

The Richards Family said...

It was so good seeing you last night! So I totally forgot to check on the prices of the eye shadow. I will for sure check next week. Let's get our kiddos together and play while you are still here!