Tuesday, September 2, 2008

All Better

Here I am, 5 days later, and feeling much better than the last time I posted. And let me assure you, I really am okay. I didn't realize that what I said would warrant 16 responses and 4 phone calls, but it really made me realize how blessed I am to have such great friends and family who care about my well-being. It also made me realize that there are a lot of you who are in the same boat that I am, and that life isn't always as "blog-perfect" as we make it seem. The silly thing, and the thing I can't figure out, is that I'm doing EXACTLY what I want to be doing with my life right now. If someone had asked me at any point in my life what I would want to be doing when I was 26 years old, I would have said, "I want to be a stay-at-home mom." Granted that in my head I had girls instead of boys (which I wouldn't trade for anything now), a house of my own instead of a rented town house with scary neighbors, and was surrounded by my friends and family, but still -- I'm living the dream. I guess I didn't expect the dream to also be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Wow, that sounded pathetic...and dramatic...and depressing...I'm just going to have to trust that those of you who know me, know me well enough to know that I'm happy and I love my kids! :) And that the great moments, the FANTASTIC moments, the moments I wouldn't trade for anything in the world, happen far more often than the bad ones and make everything worth it. The point of this post -- now that I've rambled on forever -- was to say thanks for all of you who offered me support on a day that I needed it, and to tell you that I'm here when you have days like that. Blog about them! It makes everyone feel better. :)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

We all know how happy you are! I think people who don't know you can see how happy you are! You are just a happy person!!! I think part of the reason you got so many responses, is because we all know what those days feel like! I have days where I want to give my two-year old away... but yet, she is one of the things that makes me happiest in my life! Anyway, so glad you're having better days now! It's good to vent the bad ones every once in a while though! :)

Mallory said...

Now let's have some cake! Oh wait, we can't. hahahaha Miss you! And those boys! (Brad included)

Jodi said...

Beckah,

You are too cute and I seriously appreciate your honesty!! I have days like that ALL the time and then I get on my computer and read everyone's blogs and feel even worse about myself because everyone else's lives seem so perfect!! AAHH!! But you're right... It's all for the blog.. Thank you for putting it out there because you made it real. Of course you are thankful for all you have, but it doesn't mean that things don't get hard. I'm so happy that we have blogs so that we can keep in touch. It was so good to see you last month. Lots of love your way..