Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I know, I know

Blogs these days are full of kids "first day of school pictures." But I couldn't resist adding mine to the lot, especially because his first day was SOOOO FANTASTIC! My little Nicky is one intense kid, and I don't know that I've ever left him anywhere without him crying. He still cries when we take him to nursery and it's been a year and a half. So when I decided to do a pre-school with some great women in my ward, even though he's only two and shouldn't "technically" start preschool until next year, I wasn't expecting things to go smoothly. When I would talk to Nick about it and explain things he would say "I not go to school (pronounced skoo). I be too scared!" So after explaining 50 times that he would go and play and learn and have fun, and I would miss him, and think about him, and come and get him, he went today and HAD NO PROBLEMS! He didn't cry when I left, and when I picked him up he was waiting for me on the porch and I was greeted with a big hug and a "Mommmmy! I didn't cry!" Marcia (my friend who taught this week) said he did great and that he kept saying "My mommy's coming back to get me," like he was reassuring himself. I can't believe my little man is this big!





He was so excited about his back pack (thanks, Mom!) and insisted that we get a picture of it.

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

So cute!! I don't think it's too early for Preschool. I had Maddie in one over the summer and she had just barely turned two and loved it! If we weren't moving in a couple weeks, I'd have her in it again for the fall. Nick is looking so handsome, and so grown up!

The Stanford Bunch said...

awwwww!! I am so glad for you that he did so good! That is GREAT!!! I totally understand how good that feels!!!

Liz said...

I can't believe he is that big already!!! You'll LOVE having the break! I hope he continues to do so well!

MBurt said...

Oh, so fun! Your little man is growing up. How do we stop it?

Nicole said...

so cute! i can't believe he's old enough for preschool!

Maggie said...

He is growing up to fast. I love it!! By the way, I think you can technically count him as a three year old. His birthday is coming so soon. :)

Shan said...

I can't believe our baby Nick is getting so big... He looks so grown up in these photos. I love them, Bek.
I'm glad he did well. If he's like most of my three-year-old students, he might have a few days of crying, but he'll be fine.
I love yo all...Mom

Mallory said...

Oh, I love it! I miss him! So is Nick going to be like his old man and start school way early? Hope you're enjoying your new apt, w/o scrapes on the cars and bikes in the yard :)

Melanie said...

That is too cute! Nick looks so adorable wearing his little backpack.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are doing that pre-school. I think it is one of the best things I did while in State College. It helps the kids socially as well as the moms. I love getting to know other moms with kids of similar ages. The support is crucial. He looks so cute!

Kate said...

Nickerbocker is so grown up! I love how he communicates with you. My Jack barely spits out a word about preschool! Love these pictures Bekah!