Friday, September 12, 2008

My friend A M Y


Once upon a time I was 19 years old. I started going to the singles ward my dad was the bishop of, and I knew no one. An inspired RS president assigned me to be VT partners with Amy, and life has never been the same! Never before have I known such a thoughtful, intelligent, selfless, brilliant, beautiful woman. She sends me packages for every holiday, my birthday, Mothers Day, and just because she's thinking of me. Yesterday I got one that contained a cute shirt (she has the best taste!), candy, a card, and the best mixed CD that I can't stop listening to. THANK YOU, AMY! I so appreciate everything that you are and everything that you do for me!

On a side note...look how young and rested I look in this picture! It's from when Amy came to visit me in Denver, before kids! :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

what a sweet friend you have! that's awesome!

Kathrin Paul said...

I love friends like that! I'm glad you're feeling better. . .and way to blog how you feel! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Rest? What is rest? Oh well, plenty of time to rest later....I hope. I love the blog and hope you are doing well. Maggie keeps asking for Nick. That is kind of a bummer since we now are separated by nine hours and four states. Have a great weekend!

Kate said...

man, we had no idea what a luxury it was without kiddos waking us up all hours of the night! hope things are going well, especially with the move and everything. xoxo, kate

ps amy is always so thoughtful and giving. love that girl.

Wendy said...

Hope you are well. It sounds like you are busy. The Super Heroes sound wonderful for activity days.

Maggie said...

What is this about a move? Are you moving? What a great friend to have. I laughed at your comment about being well rested and young looking. I don't ever think I've changed too much, but then I look at pictures and think that same thing.