Friday, June 15, 2012

A fall afternoon with Chase and Cora

Having Nick in school all day has been a hard transition for me, but I have loved having some alone time with Chase. On a beautiful day this past fall he and I enjoyed some outdoor time during Cora's nap. He loved these baby pine cones and kept putting them into families ("here's the mommy pine cone and the daddy pine cone and the baby pine cone!") and bringing them to me to hold.




 Then he brought out the firefighter he had made at school for me that day so I wouldn't forget about it.
 While he played I read this book
 Which was similar but not as good as my favorite parenting book "How to Raise an Emotionally Intelligent Child."
 Then he made a machine out of the bikes and wagon in the yard


 Then we went in for a snack. Chase loves to take bites of food and then figure out what shape he's left with. Today he was excited to show me it was a boat!

 Then we played dress ups and hide-and-go seek



 When Cora woke up from her nap she worked on perfecting her "so big" action.





I love my life!

No comments: