Saturday, June 16, 2012

We spent the week of Thanksgiving in Ohio this last year, for the last time in who knows how long. Brad's schedule won't be quite as flexible in the future and now that Nick's in real school we can't take off for a week at time whenever we want to anymore. Cora loved riding in this car all over the house and my sweetboys (aka the best big brothers ever) were so patient and nice to her, pushing her all over the house.
 My kids all love their Uncle Phil, especially Cora, who went to him right away which is not like her.
 I was so happy to have a week with Brad, who had been traveling a lot and was stressed looking for a job (little did I know that we still had a long road ahead of us!).
 Have I ever told you about Brad's older sister, Mindy? She's awesome, and my kids and I are often the benefactors of her awesome-ness. She is very generous with her time and her creations/projects and I so appreciate it. She is great and all the things I am horrible at. She made these cute "I Am Thankful For..." and also Christmas List papers that my kids loved filling out and coloring. When I do these things with my kids on my own, it usually consists of me grabbing blank computer paper and pens. This was much better.



 Grandma Debbie holding Cora and Griffin (3 months apart in age).
 We also had a great Wii night at Mindy and Phil's house consisting of Just Dance and American Idol games.
 Cora was in a major stair phase of life while we were there and seemed to just go up and down over and over again.

We went to an AMAZING parade the day after Thanksgiving! I'm no parade expert but this is one of the best I have been to, with awesomely decorated floats and trucks, plus they gave out nice stuffed animals (each of my kids got at least 3 beanie babies) and great treats.

Here are Jeff and Mal (my camera has a blinding flash in the dark, hence the extra-squinty eyes)

The Zeigler  clan
My happy boys
 My darling girl, who attracted many many handouts...
...so much so that Jeff and Mal stole her for awhile so that they could get some!
We had a great Thanksgiving break!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

We miss you guys so much. We can't wait to see you again soon!!!