Saturday, June 30, 2012

St. Patrick's Day 2012

Remember how I love St. Patrick's Day? And finally got my act together last year to carry on my family's tradition? Welp, we did it again this year, with the Smith's.




 We started off with the hunt, where the kids searched for money, gum, and mints that had been taped onto shamrocks and hidden in the "jungle of Nool" (aka, the woods in our back yard). We had an unseasonably warm March, and got to do the hunt outside this year.
 Lorraine found the pot of gold, AGAIN! She was the lucky one who found it last year, too.






 Nick and Max

 In the excitement of coming inside, getting ready for our corn beef dinner and dividing up the loot, we didn't notice that Owen found a stash of rolos and went to town!

 I love St. Patrick's Day and also love that we finally have a tradition in place that my kids looks forward to. Hopefully we have someone to celebrate with next year...

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun tradition! And I love your chores idea!!! And I love that you are going back and documenting! So worth it!