Friday, June 22, 2012

A hair studio...

In the fall, we started doing a date night swap with a few couple from church. In exchange for three free date nights, we babysat 6 others kids, meaning there were 9 kids under the age of 7 at our house. I thought it would be crazy, but the first couple of times went really smoothly and were really fun. But in January, on the third time around, we had a little "incident".

The kids were all playing happily in the living room, except for Nick who was in the toy room doing legos with Brad. I took Cora upstairs and put her to bed, and when I came down, darling little 4 year old Isabelle rushed up to me and handed me some kid scissors that had been left apparently within kid reach. And when I looked around I saw that Chase's bangs were GONE, cut up to the scalp of his forehead. And then I noticed that Aubree, Isabelle's sister, who had 2 ponytails in her hair, was also missing a couple of INCHES. Upon further investigation, we found out that 2 other kids were also fortunate enough to have Isabelle as their hair dresser, but their "new do's" were not nearly as dramatic. And Chase (aka, Isabelle's assistant),  who certainly knew better, admitted the next week that he cut Isabelle's hair (her mom had noticed a spot in the back but I guess we assumed that she did it to herself).

I felt HORRIBLE and was so nervous for the parents to come from their dates! Luckily they were all very nice and hopefully understood that we didn't purposefully neglect their children! They have even let me watch their kids since then. ;)

After everyone left for the evening, Chasey got his first buzz cut. I was sad to see his curls go and it has taken f o r e v e r  to grow back.



 The months of January and February always drag for me in State College. The sun does not shine much and it's so dang cold (although this was a great winter). Brad surprised me by bringing me these bright and cheery flowers one day and I couldn't believe how much it lifted my spirits.


1 comment:

Douglas Family said...

My favorite flowers!!!!